EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Discussion of everything related to competitive battling.

Re: Wi-Fi, EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Linda » 28 Jan 2010, 15:53

Kirluu wrote:Sounds true, what you say, however my sources said otherwise, but I'll make sure to add what you said, and also be sure to credit you.

The more faults corrected, the better, right? ^^


I'm not sure if you know what RNG abusing is but its a way to abuse the games Random Number Generator to get flawless Iv's. My favorite target IV spread looks like this: 31 / B / B / B / 31 /31 which means the baby inhert attack, defence and special attack IV's from only parent B and the remaining of the IVs is flawless. :) I think that is proof that it can inheart from only one parent.
User avatar
Linda
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 01 Jan 2010, 12:32
Country: Sweden (se)

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Wi-Fi, EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Cool Ivysaur » 28 Jan 2010, 20:35

Linda wrote:
Kirluu wrote:Sounds true, what you say, however my sources said otherwise, but I'll make sure to add what you said, and also be sure to credit you.

The more faults corrected, the better, right? ^^


I'm not sure if you know what RNG abusing is but its a way to abuse the games Random Number Generator to get flawless Iv's. My favorite target IV spread looks like this: 31 / B / B / B / 31 /31 which means the baby inhert attack, defence and special attack IV's from only parent B and the remaining of the IVs is flawless. :) I think that is proof that it can inheart from only one parent.


The community isn't meant to be that detailed as far as RNG is concerned.Also there are people who do not like RNG abuse at all.
User avatar
Cool Ivysaur
Member of the Community Council
Member of the Community Council
 
Posts: 402
Joined: 19 Dec 2009, 17:45
Location: Asylum
Country: Greece (gr)

Re: Wi-Fi, EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Kirluu » 28 Jan 2010, 22:21

I have already said, in this thread, that I will not add a section for this whole RNG thing, both because I don't know enough about it, and because I kinda see it as a kind of cheating, I guess. Don't take my word for it, since I'm not exactly sure how it functions, but it reminds me of taking advantage of a glitch, which isn't really my style.

So if someone wants to learn of it, please go elsewhere. Anyone on uepc might make a guide about it themselves, if they see it important.
A lot less online than usual.
Image
Meanies Out Delivering Sentences
User avatar
Kirluu
 
Posts: 491
Joined: 27 Dec 2009, 13:10
Location: Sjaelland, Denmark
Country: Denmark (dk)
Gender: Male

Re: Wi-Fi, EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Tsuroerusu » 28 Jan 2010, 22:28

Kirluu wrote:I have already said, in this thread, that I will not add a section for this whole RNG thing, both because I don't know enough about it, and because I kinda see it as a kind of cheating, I guess. Don't take my word for it, since I'm not exactly sure how it functions, but it reminds me of taking advantage of a glitch, which isn't really my style.

So if someone wants to learn of it, please go elsewhere. Anyone on uepc might make a guide about it themselves, if they see it important.

Basically RNG abuse is calculating what the game is gonna do at a certain point in time, it doesn't modify the game at all, doesn't use any sort of Action Replay, all it does is predict when say a shiny Pokémon appears where and then you can go catch it.
President of the United European Pokémon Communities
PokémonForumets ordförande
User avatar
Tsuroerusu
President of the Union
President of the Union
 
Posts: 427
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 15:02
Location: Silkeborg, Denmark
Country: Denmark (dk)
Gender: Male

Re: Wi-Fi, EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Linda » 09 Feb 2010, 13:44

Cool Ivysaur wrote:
Linda wrote:
Kirluu wrote:Sounds true, what you say, however my sources said otherwise, but I'll make sure to add what you said, and also be sure to credit you.

The more faults corrected, the better, right? ^^


I'm not sure if you know what RNG abusing is but its a way to abuse the games Random Number Generator to get flawless Iv's. My favorite target IV spread looks like this: 31 / B / B / B / 31 /31 which means the baby inhert attack, defence and special attack IV's from only parent B and the remaining of the IVs is flawless. :) I think that is proof that it can inheart from only one parent.


The community isn't meant to be that detailed as far as RNG is concerned.Also there are people who do not like RNG abuse at all.


I haven't asked for that either, it just proves that a baby can inhert IVs from only one parents. If people don't like RNG abusing thats up to them. But RNG abusing isn't cheating nor abusing a glitch so I don't see any wrong in using it at all.
User avatar
Linda
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 01 Jan 2010, 12:32
Country: Sweden (se)

Re: EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Taxo » 10 Jun 2010, 15:22

They do inherent from both parents, jeez.
I'll eplain, parent one has IV's 31/30/29/28/27/26
parent two has 25/24/23/22/21/20 ok
now there is a baby. It's IV's are set randomly to 19/18/17/16/15/14
Now the inheritance happens.
1st round any IV from any parent gets passed on.
2nd round any IV except HP from any parent gets passed on.
3rd round any IV except HP or Defence from any parent gets passed on.
As u can see it is possible that are the IV's of only one parent that are passed on every turn, there is a 50% chance every turn tht it is the mothers (and of course a 50% chance for the fathers)
It is also possible the baby desn't inherit 3IV's since the inherited IV's can overlap.
For example 1st round HP from the father (31)
2nd round Atk from the mother (24)
3rd round Atk from the father (30)
the new IV's for the offspring will then be 31/30/17/16/15/14
I hope now at last everybody understands
Taxo
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 20:04
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Country: Belgium (be)
Gender: Male

Re: EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Yellow Rayquaza » 10 Jun 2010, 20:58

I have heard that serebii´s IV calculator is inaccurate so you might want to link to veekun instead: http://old.veekun.com/dex/calculators/iv
Welcome to the United European Pokémon Communities!
User avatar
Yellow Rayquaza
Finnish Moderator
Finnish Moderator
 
Posts: 563
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 18:41
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland (fi)
Gender: Male

Re: EV-training & IV-breeding Guide

Postby Kirluu » 10 Jun 2010, 21:17

Yellow Rayquaza wrote:I have heard that serebii´s IV calculator is inaccurate so you might want to link to veekun instead: http://old.veekun.com/dex/calculators/iv


Hey, thanks. That's true. I haven't experienced serebii giving any other answer than serebii has so far, though, but veekun is after all a lot simpler, so I'll do that, thanks.

IMPORTANT: I'm locking the topic. Anyone who wants something edited or thinks that something doesn't add up, can PM me personally, and I'll take a look at it. Thanks :)
A lot less online than usual.
Image
Meanies Out Delivering Sentences
User avatar
Kirluu
 
Posts: 491
Joined: 27 Dec 2009, 13:10
Location: Sjaelland, Denmark
Country: Denmark (dk)
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Competitive Battling




cron