Strategies and Movesets Help Thread

Discussion of everything related to competitive battling.

Re: Strategies and Movesets Help Thread

Postby JojoX2 » 27 May 2010, 18:32

I think Baton Pass on Slot 4 could work for scouting. The only problem of offensive Vappy is it´s movepool, really =/

Btw: I got a really good RNG breed from a give away on Smogon

It´s a Timid Riolu, so I thought about training my first Lucario. As there is no Timid set on Smogon and I don´t particularly like Standard, I came up with a Set of my own:

Image@Life Orb
Timid
64Atk 252Speed 194SpAtk

- Close Combat
- Vacuum Wave/Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

With these EVs it still OHKOs Blissey most of the time(with CC) and can hit hard on the special side as well. I´m not too sure which move I should take for STAB and I just took Shadow Ball for Maximum neutral coverage - not sure about that either. Any suggestions?

Platinum FC: 4855 7655 4883
JojoX2

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Mew » 28 May 2010, 13:28

Timid with a physical move? No.
Mew
Simulation Administrator
Simulation Administrator

Postby JojoX2 » 29 May 2010, 08:54

As I said, I just have Close Combat there for Blissey, which is still OHKOed. Don´t jump to conclusions so easily. I mean, Heatran can also be played timid with Boom =/ My main problem is what special moves to pick.

Platinum FC: 4855 7655 4883
JojoX2

Postby Maketsu » 10 Aug 2010, 11:36

With Timid nature you waste your EV's. Really, run Hasty with 0 Atk EV's so Wish Blissey is OHKO after SR damage (92.7% - 109.2%) Moveset could be Aura Sphere or Vacuum Wave/Shadow Ball/Dragon Pulse/CM

E: Oh, you have breeded it so you cant change nature. <_>
Maketsu

Postby Buba » 10 Aug 2010, 12:06

...Aura sphere 2hko's bold blissey when you have one CM and life orb under your belt. And Wish Bliss is not even legit in Wi-Fi so you don't have to care about it unless you are playing againist pokesavers. You should use vacum wave or Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power(if it has good) in 4th slot.

E: I would use dragon pulse to beat dragons.
FC: 1720 2834 8523
Buba

Postby Kirluu » 14 Aug 2010, 17:43

Buba wrote:...Aura sphere 2hko's bold blissey when you have one CM and life orb under your belt. And Wish Bliss is not even legit in Wi-Fi so you don't have to care about it unless you are playing againist pokesavers. You should use vacum wave or Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power(if it has good) in 4th slot.

E: I would use dragon pulse to beat dragons.

About the last point, I'd say you don't really need Dragon Pulse much, since the only dragons that are left are Dragonite and Flygon. I'd say going Ice Beam would be the smarter choice, since it is also super effective against other things than Dragon. Since Lucario can't learn Ice Beam, just have some pkmn with it along in the team.

In general, I think it's hard to judge one pokémon, since all movesets depends on the rest of the team.

Basically, I'd let it go all special. Life Orb, Aura Sphere(Vacuum to weak, focus too inaccurate), Shadow Ball/Psychic/Dark Pulse, and if you're thinking Shadow Ball cause of Psychic types, I'd say Dark Pulse instead.
Also Calm Mind, for free eventual setups (Predicted/Forced switches from the opponent), and finally a nice Hidden Power Fire would be good for Scizors and stuff, but ofc. that'd only be in the case of some really awesomely put IVs xD
A lot less online than usual.
Meanies Out Delivering Sentences
Kirluu

Postby Amecareth » 15 Aug 2010, 15:03

Kirluu

Here is what i think.

Dark and Ghost are both effective on Psychic and Ghost and not very effective against Dark.

In fact it depends on pokemon you want to counter:

Dark isn't very effective against Fightning
Ghost ineffective against Normal

Machamp is very bothering and i see it more and more as Lead

Snorlax and Blissey are bothering but too much special defence to be seriously hurt.

Both can be useful but the choice depends on the metagame.
fragment du seigneur des cauchemars
reviens du royaume des cieux
et entre dans mon esprit
Unissons nos pouvoirs et nos corps
Ensemble marchons sur la voie de la destruction
et transperçons tout, même les âmes des Dieux!

LAGUNA BLADE!

Image Image Image
Amecareth

Postby Linda » 17 Aug 2010, 15:47

I think shadow ball vs Dark pulse depends on if you are more affraid of giving normal types a free switch or hitting fighting types for not very effective.

I would rather go with Vacuum wave than hidden power fire.

timid Life orb +1CM Aurasphere vs 248 hp Scizor: 92.1% - 108.5% - Thats always a OKHO if you have stealth rock.
The bulky 200hp/252 spDef Scizor can live it, but needs to be very healthy cause it still do 71.9% - 85.2%.

With vacuum wave you can might be able to kill scarf Heatrans, Flygons or infernapes if they have some previos damage on them.
Linda

Previous

Return to Competitive Battling