The following applies to all national and international forums of the United European Pokémon Communities
- Single requests for competitive Pokémon battles through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or a simulator shall be made in the appropriate Quick Battle topic.
- Single requests for IV battles through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection shall be made in the appropriate Quick IV Battle topic.
- When requesting a battle, criteria for rules and conditions shall be clearly stated, especially if such criteria differ from the Standard Rules.
- Single offers or requests for Wi-Fi trades shall be made in the appropriate Quick Trade topic.
- Use of Shoddy Battle or similar simulation software shall be covered by the same rules as Wi-Fi battles.
- The Smogon tiers shall be effective for all tiers.
- The Standard Rules shall be defined as follows:
- No Ubers: Pokémon of the Uber tier may not be used.
- Sleep Clause: No more than one of the opponent's Pokémon may be put to sleep concurrently; self-imposed sleep caused by the move Rest shall not be covered by the Sleep Clause.
- Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize may not be used.
- Species Clause: No more than one Pokémon of a certain species may be used on the same team.
- OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure and Sheer Cold may not be used.
- Self-KO Clause: The moves Explosion, Selfdestruct, Perish Song and Destiny Bond may not be used in the event of both players' number of available Pokémon having reached one; a player using one of said moves in the given situation shall be considered the defeated party of the battle; recoil damage from moves such as Flare Blitz, or the the item Life Orb shall not be covered by the Self-KO Clause.
- Soul Dew Clause: The item Soul Dew may not be used.
- Hax/Luck Item Clause: The following items may not be used:
- Focus Band
- King's Rock
- Lansat Berry
- Lucky Punch
- Quick Claw
- Razor Claw
- Razor Fang
- Scope Lens
- Hacked Pokémon, as defined by Section 4 of this Rule, are strictly prohibited for use in Wi-Fi battles; any such usage shall result in a warning, and immediate ban if repeated.
- In the event of major detrimental effects resulting from a glitch occurring, the battle shall be void and a rematch be conducted.
Definition of Hacked Pokémon
- "Hacked Pokémon" shall be defined as:
- Pokémon incompatible with the natural mechanics of the games;
- Pokémon either produced and/or modified by means of external modification of the game data such as, but not limited to the use of an Action Replay DS, Pokesav or similar.
- Disputes relating to Wi-Fi battles or trades shall be brought before a relevant moderator; he or she shall hear the concerns of both parties, and decide on the matter in a fair, impartial and reasoned way.
- Decisions by a moderator relating to disputes between members may be appealed to the Administrator of the Union.
President of the United European Pokémon Communities