July CoroCoro Stuff

Discussion of everything related to Pokémon Black (2) and White (2) for Nintendo DS.

July CoroCoro Stuff

Postby Ryu Shoji » 19 Jun 2010, 20:07

Hey Guys,
You've probably already heard this information on other websites, but to try and generate more discussion, I'll post up my collection of CoroCoro July 2010 Images.

The Pokémon (From Left to Right):
Meguroko the Desert Crocodile Pokémon, is a Ground/Dark type with the abilities are Intimidate and a new ability called Overconfidence (Which could also be EarthquakeSpiral) which apparently raises the attack of Meguroko when it defeats a Pokémon.
Hihadurama, the Flaming Pokémon has a new ability called Encourage which boosts the power of all the user's attacks, but removes secondary effects.
Munna, the pink Pokémon, is the Dream Eater Pokémon and is Psychic-type. It's abilities are Forewarn and Synchronise and has an attack called Telekinesis which effect seems to involve making an opponent levitate.
"Gear" the Gear Pokémon (Who knew?) has the abilities Plus and Minus (Previously exclusive to Plusle and Minun) and is Steel-type. Gear also has a new attack called Gear Saucer which attacks multiple times.
Shimama the Charged Pokémon is an Electric-type with Lightning Rod and Motor Drive. It also has a new attack called Wild Bolt which hits both users.
Chirami the Chinchilla Pokémon is a Normal-type, with the abilities Cute Charm and Technician and it knows a new attack called Sweep Slap. It is also number 78 in the Isshu Pokédex.
Mamepato is the Baby Pigeon Pokémon, is Normal/Flying and has the abilities Super Luck and a new ability called Pigeon Heart, which prevents the reduction of a Pokémon's defence.

The Professor of the Isshu region is a female, called Professor Araragi. Also, the Isshu Region appears to be based off New York City.

Reshiram, is classified as the White Yang Pokémon is Fire/Dragon and Zekrom, the Black Yin Pokémon is Electric/Dragon. Reshiram's ability is called Turbo Blaze and Zekrom's ability is called TeraVoltage.

CoroCoro also gave information regarding the Pokémon Transfer Machine which is done over local wireless. Pokémon can only be transferred one at a time. The clearer screenshots also revealed two new things:
- Pokémon Black and White will introduce Timed Battles
- On the bottom screen in battles, the Weather, Time and Battery Power is displayed.
- Mammepato is shown to be level 9, which means could be caught early on.
- Meguroko is shown to be level 15 in battle, which could mean that it is caught around Gym 3.
- Chirami is around level 20, which could mean it is caught around Gym 4-5.
- As translated by PokéBeach, you can upload your save file to the internet and play online before sending the save file back to your game.
- As translated by Serebii, The C-Gear can communicate in three ways: Wireless, Wi-Fi and InfaRed - or all three. The C-Gear is shown in the battle menu, and is active during normal gameplay, unlike the Union Room of previous generations.

Also, next month's CoroCoro is to focus on numerous things, including the Adventure.
Also, the official Japanese website has updated with details from CoroCoro, and clearer art and screenshots:
President of the Community Council
European Moderator
Ryu Shoji

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: July CoroCoro Stuff

Postby Cool Ivysaur » 20 Jun 2010, 09:43

I never understood why do they show us an image of the "new pokedex",it can't be seen ingame anyway :P

Also about:
- Meguroko is shown to be level 15 in battle, which could mean that it is caught around Gym 3.

I dont think so.HGSS have noticable level differences with the other games.I mean the 8th gym had pokes in the 40s,and that was probably because of Kanto.
In any case,we can't be sure about it.
Cool Ivysaur
Member of the Community Council

Postby Ryu Shoji » 21 Jun 2010, 22:29

Cool Ivysaur wrote:I never understood why do they show us an image of the "new pokedex",it can't be seen ingame anyway :P

Also about:

I dont think so.HGSS have noticable level differences with the other games.I mean the 8th gym had pokes in the 40s,and that was probably because of Kanto.
In any case,we can't be sure about it.

I agree that level distribution could be different. Especially as I spent today looking at Isshu's region map trying to figure out what order the gyms might be in, considering that Meguroko is level 18 and being Huin City. Unless you get a boat from the harbour to somewhere else, and go to the desert later.

As for the Pokédex. I agree it is odd. They could at least give us an animation of the character opening the Pokédex - I guess it's mainly for concept art when it comes to the anime.
European Moderator
Ryu Shoji

Postby Kirluu » 21 Jun 2010, 22:46

[quote=Ryu Shoji]As for the Pokédex. I agree it is odd. They could at least give us an animation of the character opening the Pokédex - I guess it's mainly for concept art when it comes to the anime.[/quote]

I wonder if it is to be an accessory like the PokéWalker. I can't see what function it would have exactly but maybe it can perhaps be used in harmony with the Pokéwalker? That's the only reason I see for them to release a pic like that - that it would have something to do with something you actually get.
Maybe it would perhaps be sold besides the game, as I'd think it wouldn't get too darn cheap, lol.
This is just daydreaming though ^^
A lot less online than usual.
Meanies Out Delivering Sentences
Kirluu

Postby Ryu Shoji » 21 Jun 2010, 23:33

Unfortunately, as we've seen the box art, there is no accessory included. I do hope they keep compatibility for Gen I-IV Pokémon to be sent to Pokéwalkers though. They've always released PokéDex pictures for some reason.
European Moderator
Ryu Shoji

Postby Cool Ivysaur » 28 Jun 2010, 09:19

This is not CoroCoro,but i guess i'll just post this: "Triple Battles" = LAME

And some new stuff:
ImageImageImage
Cool Ivysaur

Postby Tsuroerusu » 28 Jun 2010, 11:14

Cool Ivysaur wrote:This is not CoroCoro,but i guess i'll just post this: "Triple Battles" = LAME

I guess they ran out of ideas! :lol:

Oh well, it's not as if a lot of people use double battles anyway, so triple battles will be there for the people (Both of you) who like the concept. :P
President of the United European Pokémon Communities
PokémonForumets ordförande
Tsuroerusu
President of the Union
President of the Union

Postby Bow Artist3 » 28 Jun 2010, 12:50

I also heard something about a menu option "shooter", that appears in fights, but not everytime, like in the safari zone. Some ideas what it could be?
Shiny Chaining Guide (deutsch|english) | Scherox [Analyse] (deutsch)
If someone could translate my german scizor analysis into english, i would be happy. ^^
Bow Artist3

Postby Cool Ivysaur » 28 Jun 2010, 18:48

Tsuroerusu wrote:Oh well, it's not as if a lot of people use double battles anyway, so triple battles will be there for the people (Both of you) who like the concept. :P

They'll exceed the bounds of lameness and will put them on VGC.

Bow Artist3 wrote:I also heard something about a menu option "shooter", that appears in fights, but not everytime, like in the safari zone. Some ideas what it could be?

Probably something to make triple battles less LAME 8-)
Cool Ivysaur

Postby Jemini » 29 Jun 2010, 16:22

I totally agree with Cool Ivy, LAME :D Anyways, The first pokemon in the starting post's first pic are the best. I don't really like those electric spiders and thoe Egyptian coffins (sarcofags? I don't know is it like that in English). And, that 3 vs 3 is LAME, as Cool Ivysaur said. But, I just totally love everything in the starting post. Totally.

EDIT: Oh, it's sarcophagus. Checked.
Bored...
Jemini

Next

Return to 5th Generation